It has been quite some time since I’ve written a red carpet looks post, but here I am back at it again especially since one of my favorite icons made her MET Gala debut this year.
This years MET Gala celebrated the late fashion icon, Karl Lagerfeld, with the theme “Karl Lagerfeld: A Line Of Beauty.” On the red carpet, we saw many designs from Chanel, Balmain, and Michael Kors to name a few. And one of the most common colors on the red carpet was white. Here were my top 10 looks of the night!
10. VANESSA HUDGENS in MICHAEL KORS. A lot of people have many things to say about Vanessa, but one things for sure, she knew how to slay the red carpet in this black and white ensemble.
9. BILLIE EILISH in SIMONE ROCHA.This sheer black custom dress is giving goth and edgy, and Billie encompasses it all. As Billie gets older, I can’t wait to see how her style evolves.
8. PRECIOUS LEE in FENDI. I am not too familiar with Precious Lee, but as I was looking at photos from the red carpet, I thought she looked stunning in this black and pink Fendi gown.
7. ASHLEY PARK in MICHAEL KORS. This netted style dress paired with the accessories, and the train, was absolutely beautiful on her.
6. ANNE HATHAWAY in VERSACE. Make way for the Queen in this white and gold custom Versace gown. Does she ever age?
5. GIGI HADID in GIVENCHY. Black and sheer were very common on the red carpet but Gigi made sure she stood out in this look.
4. DAISY EDGAR-JONES in GUCCI. Another person I’m not too familiar with, but when I saw this dress, I thought ,”WOW THIS LOOKS AMAZING ON HER.” The bow detail and the camellia flower had me thinking this was a Chanel look!
3. DUA LIPA in CHANEL. Dua was one of the co-chairs for this year’s MET Gala, so she did not come to play! She stunned in this Chanel gown from the ’95-’96 runway.
2. MARGOT ROBBIE in CHANEL. An absolute Barbie in this black Chanel gown from 1993 previously seen on Cindy Crawford. I loved the clear corset and the simplicity of the dress. Margot Robbie is gorgeous!
1. JENNIE KIM in CHANEL. You probably saw this coming, but can you blame me? Jennie is one of THE faces of Chanel and she pulled this cute vintage Chanel mini dress from the 1990 runway archives. The hair, the makeup, the accessories, the whole look..she embodied the theme and looked so beautiful and elegant as she made her MET Gala red carpet debut. AND THAT’S WHY SHE’S MY NUMBER 1.
BONUS: PEDRO PASCAL in VALENTINO. I wasn’t sure if I was going to include the men on this list, but the color red, the shorts, the serve? What’s not to love about Pedro?
You know the drill! Subscribe, share, like, or comment!