Happy Friday ya’ll!
If you’re an avid Spotify user like I am, you know that the end-of-the-year music round-up has been released and I must say that I’m not surprised with the results.
I’ve been sharing my results all over my socials, but I figured, why not share on my blog too!?
- BLACKPINK – I became a fan in May 2019 and a stan July 2019. I didn’t know much about BP prior to their Coachella performance, but one day I was scrolling through Twitter and then I fell down the rabbit hole. From May to about September they were all I listened to. According to Spotify, I listened to them for a total of 292 hours. That doesn’t include YT streams or Apple Music. Mind you, I never obsessed about KPOP before them.
- Ariana Grande – We all know I love Ariana Grande. How can you not? Last year’s “Sweetener” was an amazing album with “God is a woman” and my personal faves, “everytime” and “breathin.” Then her surprise drop of “thank u, next” had some memorable tracks. Both “7 Rings” and “thank u, next” were iconic. Now, I’m hoping for the AriPink collab to happen soon!
- JENNIE (BLACKPINK) – She literally has one song and I guess I streamed it so many times, but I ain’t mad at this result. “SOLO” was released last year and it’s been doing so well in the charts as a solo KPOP artist. Jennie Kim is my bias and I’m pretty sure I’ll love her forever. One day I hope to see here “SOLO” stage live.
- Taylor Swift – I’ve been a fan of Taylor’s since her debut in country pop. But to be honest, I haven’t really enjoyed her past few albums. Then she came out with her “Lover” album and I felt like I was listening to the old Taylor that I loved. “Daylight” was the one song that I had on repeat this year.
- Alex Aiono – He’s one of my favorite YouTube artists of this decade. I remember the first video of his that I fell in love with, “One Dance/Hasta El Amanecer”. When he started to sing in Spanish, I literally fell in love and followed him since. Alex released some heartbreaking tracks this year and while I love them, I wonder who broke his heart.
According to Spotify, I’ve listened to artists from 32 different countries!
- BLACKPINK (South Korea)
- Ariana Grande (US)
- Shawn Mendes (Canada)
- Sam Smith (UK)
- NIKI (Indonesia)
I’m a bit bummed that artists from the Philippines didn’t make my top list since OPM is one of my top genres.
Top Songs of 2019
I’m not surprised with my top songs because most of them are by BLACKPINK. They only have about 13 recorded songs since their debut in 2016, and that is not including remixes and Japanese versions! But of course Ariana Grande made my top 5 with “7 rings” and “Hot Girl Summer” rounded out the top 10.
- Kill This Love (BLACKPINK)
- STAY – Japanese Version (BLACKPINK)
- Really (BLACKPINK)
- SOLO (JENNIE)
- 7 rings (Ariana Grande)
- More Than That (Lauren Jauregui)
- STAY (BLACKPINK)
- Kiss and Make Up (Dua Lipa feat. BLACKPINK)
- SO HOT (BLACKPINK)
- Hot Girl Summer (Megan Thee Stallion feat. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign)
Feel free to follow my playlist here to see what else made my Top Songs of 2019!
Stay tuned for my Spotify Decade Wrap Up! I must say that a lot of results surprised me.
Leave a comment and let me know what your 2019 #SpotifyWrapped looked like.
You know the drill! Subscribe, share, like, or comment!