Hi little liars! I’ve been on a recap hiatus and I apologize. But I’m back because it’s the finale and I was left feeling very uneasy, as expected.
Tonight’s episode started off right where the last episode ended.The big plan to catch the new “A” was set in motion once Hanna sent her “confession” text. And I found it so interesting they could do all of it and attend to their personal lives especially the big Rosewood election. Honestly, it doesn’t make sense that they think they can be all sneaky, when obviously “A” is everywhere watching their every move.
Anyways, instead of me fully recapping the episode, I’m going to bring you my top 5 “OMG” moments. Just wait till you get to the number one moment for me!
My top 5 OMG moments:
5. The ships you thought were sunk have returned to shore. We can’t ignore the relationships we’ve come to love over these past 6 seasons. This fast forward jumbled everything up and while there were interesting pairings and characters you couldn’t hate, tonight’s episode brought us the main relationships many fans have been holding out for.
- Spoby teamed up to find hidden clues in the former Radley basement in hopes of stopping Sara Harvey from finding something first. Toby even left his girlfriend’s side during the election to help Spencer! Oh and when they were speaking French with each other, I was a living :heart eyes: emoji.
- Emison’s special relationship lives on and I found it very adorable that Emily was babysitting Alison and knew exactly where to find her when she went missing. No matter what, they’ll always be special to each other and support one another.
- Ezria finished their book and Aria’s boss loved it. Of course out of excitement, Aria lunged forward and kissed her ex-boyfriend/teacher. But that turned into more, once they both realized that the chemistry and feelings were still there.
- The Haleb chemistry/feelings never left the building. It was so heartbreaking seeing those flashbacks of what led up to their break up and knowing that Hanna came back only to find that Caleb already left was the worst! Confessions were made and a kiss emerged, but I can’t help but feel bad for Spencer.
Basically, there was a lot of cheating going on (mainly with the last two), which I wasn’t really happy about, but it’s hard to forget about your first love right? But still there’s no excuse. I wonder how Spencer and Hanna’s dynamic will change (even more).
4. The discovery in the Radley basement. As explained above, Spoby teamed up to do some investigating in the former sanitarium turned hip hotel. While the Hastings election party was going on, Spoby made sure Sara couldn’t make it to the old record room, but that didn’t keep Mona out. We all know she probably knows more than she lets on. The only record they found was that belonging to a “Mary Drake”. If you recall that last name, there’s obviously some connection with Cece Drake aka Charlotte DiLaurentis. It’s odd how this was the only thing left in the basement. It’s almost as if someone wanted them to find this.
3. Alison’s admittance into a hospital. Alison just left the hospital, but now her mental state isn’t exactly the best. She had such a pleasant dream of her mother, who “visited” her, but all that changed when zombie mother made an appearance along with dead cop Wilden. Were they real or Ali’s mind playing tricks on her? Her current sweet hubby was out of town, so Emily was in charge and while she calmed her down, Emily wasn’t able to stop her from voluntarily admitting herself into a mental institution after seeing all these so-called hallucinations. I really wished the girls told her about the plan and what “A” was planning for them.
2. The Twin Reveal! In the books, Ali had a twin, so a lot of us were waiting to see who would be the actual twin in the tv series. I don’t know about you, but I wanted a DiLaurentis to be a twin and we kind of got that. Basically, those so-called hallucinations/dreams of her mother were not hallucinations at all because Mrs. D is the one with a twin! In the file at Radley, Mary Drake was a patient who was pregnant and Mrs. D adopted that baby. Unfortunately, Charlotte’s life was cut short, and Mary Drake was NOT happy about this. Makes you wonder where she was all this time and how involved she was with previous murders. But what made me angry the most, was Dr. Rollins’ reveal. I know not to trust anyone, but I honestly didn’t think he’d be THIS involved. Turns out he was in love with CeCe and is playing Alison to help Mary exact her revenge on her daughter’s murderer(s).To make Ali think she was losing her mind, just to get her out of the way is just plain wrong! They’re taking back what’s theirs, but I definitely don’t think this is what Charlotte would have wanted.
1. My poor Hanna. She stepped up and initiated the plan to confess to Charlotte’s murder in order to catch the new “A” who absolutely loves emojis. And while everyone else was confident that they’d stop the new “A”, twin mom was still one step ahead. Hanna was nervous and you could tell from the look on her face and the confession of love to Caleb. When Caleb, Aria and Ezra knew that “A” escaped their trap, they rushed to Hanna’s room at the Lost Woods, and after breaking through the door, she was nowhere to be found. The indestructible door and windows were still in tip top shape, but they forgot to check the floorboards and a huge hole was found. The final scene of the episode shows an unconscious Hanna Marin being dragged across the bell tower floor of the church and I started to tear up at that point because Hanna will always be my favorite.
Because Hanna didn’t follow the rules and brought along the posse, it makes me nervous to think what Mary Drake is going to do to her.But I swear if they decide to off Hanna in this next season, I don’t know what I’ll do. She better be alive and the girls better find Mary Drake and traitorous Dr. Rollins. A part of me wants Mona to be the one to pull through for Hanna and start doing what she does best.
And there you have it, my top moments of last night’s Season 6 finale. It’s going to be a long few months, but you bet that I’ll be watching all the BTS stuff from filming. What were your fave moments from last night? Be sure to subscribe, leave a reply or reach out to me on twitter!