The 2016 red carpet season has finally come to an end. Last night, the 88th Annual Academy awards took place at the Dolby theater and many of this season’s biggest stars stepped out in their finest.
I narrowed my list down to 10 actresses and it was pretty easy unlike the previous awards shows this season. Actresses on my previous best dressed lists continued to stun me tonight and a few new faces showed up as well.
So without further ado, here is my best dressed at the 2016 Oscars. (All photos from Zimbio)
10. Lady Gaga in Brandon Maxwell. At the Golden Globes, Lady Gaga was absolutely stunning in her black Atelier Versace gown, but tonight she decided to go opposite with a white pant suit. At first, I couldn’t tell that it was a pantsuit considering she had beautiful train behind her, but I think that’s what makes me love it. It gives the illusion of a cascading gown, but it’s really pants so you know it’s comfortable.
9. Margot Robbie in Tom Ford. The Suicide Squad star showed up matching the Oscar statue and I loved it. I’m not one for snake skin inspired fashion, but I admit that this looked pretty intricate. It fit her perfectly and I’m a sucker for long sleeves paired with a low neckline – it’s like conservative and sexy at the same time.
8. Sophie Turner in Galavan. Sophie will always make my best dressed lists. I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again, she’s one of the fashion icons of her generation so she knows what’s trending (she stepped out in support of the “Red Carpet Green Dress” eco-friendly campaign) and how to rock her looks confidently. I loved the neckline of this dress on her and the mint green color looked gorgeous against her skin. The touch of Tiffany and co. jewelry was also a perfect match.
7. Brie Larson in Gucci. This look wasn’t my favorite of hers this season, but it’s still a beautiful choice (my favorite was her gold Calvin Klein dress at the Golden Globes). This time around she went with a cobalt blue gown with some sheer accents at the neckline. Personally, I love accessorizing dresses with belts and I’m glad she did just that with this dress. She just looked so pretty, confident, and comfortable. And it’s easy to celebrate her Oscar win in that dress as well!
6. Rachel McAdams in August Getty Atelier. Rachel McAdams was definitely on my red carpet radar this season. This silk green gown look beautiful on her. It was quite daring with the backless cutout and leg slit, but it worked for her and she looked super FIERCE. I loved how she pulled back her hair and showed off those dangling earrings that complimented the dress.
5. Jennifer Garner in Atelier Versace. How gorgeous is this dress? The off the shoulder neckline, the train, the sequins and the slim belt accentuating the waist were all on point. Jennifer walked that red carpet like she didn’t have a care in the world despite all the drama surrounding her relationship status and she rocked it.
4. Charlize Theron in Dior. There weren’t too many red dresses out there last night, but this one definitely stood out. Charlize always oozes so much poise and sophistication. I love the simplicity of the dress and how the train flows across the red carpet.She also paired it with a long necklace down the low neckline of the dress which was a beautiful match.
3. Priyanka Chopra in Zuhair Murad. Priyanka Chopra was a vision in white lace. This dress looked so gorgeous! When I first saw this dress on her, I knew that she would be in my top 3 best dressed. I love florals and I love mermaid style dresses and I just simply love this dress. This is one of those time where the statement “She WORE that dress” comes into play. I apologize for my lack of eloquence, but all I can say is that it was stunning.
2. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture. I admit that I’m biased considering how much I love J Law. But come on! What’s not to love about this dress? She decided to go a bit darker with the dress color in comparison to previous years and for some reason seeing her in this black lace dress made her look more mature and bold – it felt right on her. Also lovin’ the lighter hair color on her.
1. Alicia Vikander in Louis Vuitton. Before this awards season, I had no idea who Alicia Vikander was but now i’ll be on the look out for all her fashion choices and future projects. She was covered head to toe in Louis Vuitton from her dress to her shoes and earrings. I saw a headline saying something about her looking like Belle from Beauty and the Beast and I couldn’t agree more. She’s a modern day Belle for sure, beautiful, poised and intelligent. I like that the hem of the dress is hiked up a bit, which shows off her heels. The silver embelishments are perfect too as they allow her to keep the accessories to a minimum.
And there you have it! I can’t wait till red carpet seasons starts up again, so I can admire all the beautiful dresses. Who were your best dressed of the night?
Stay tuned for some bonus looks at the Oscars’ Viewing/After Parties!