How cliche of me, isn’t it?
This blog is one of the things that I want to incorporate in my daily life this year. I look at it as something that will motivate me and I’m really hoping it works. New year…new (revamped) blog.
I used to love to write and blog when I was younger. I mean, a lot of us did. I look back at my Xanga sometimes and think to myself, “Wow, Adele did you really have to give everyone the play by play of your day?” Apparently, I thought I was THAT interesting. And apparently I still think I’m that interesting. I may not write about the most captivating topics and I don’t write in a certain language that will actually draw in and retain an audience, but I like to write [and rant]. Period. That should be enough, right?
Anyways, back to the point of this post. If I continue to write down my 2016 goals, I’m almost certain they’ll be etched in my mind. So without further ado, here’s what I hope to accomplish this 2016.
- Lose weight and get under xxx pounds: Last month, I was diagnosed with diabetes. I had a hunch, but to actually hear it come out of my doctor’s mouth hit hard. I’m still learning about diabetes and how I can control it. I know that losing weight is an important factor in controlling it. I’ve always been the bigger girl and many times it’s affected my confidence/self esteem. As I write this, I’m getting teary eyed thinking about it. But I won’t get into that now. Maybe I’ll save that for another post.
- Eat out less, prepare more meals & cut out that soda: This obviously is connected to the above goal. My mom and I eat outside a lot, And I’m well aware that’s not the most healthiest diet especially when you’re eating at Filipino or Chinese restaurant almost 3 times a week. Soda is also a big thing for me. Since I started working almost 8 years ago, soda was convenient. The last few months, I’d have a soda a day. It was an addiction! But I’ve been good for the past month and I’m very proud of myself 🙂 Baby steps.
- Blog/Vlog more: If the intro didn’t explain it, I don’t know what else to say. Other than that, I think I’m better at expressing things this way, anyways.
- Read at least 3 books: This may not be a lot compared to other people, but considering I haven’t actually finished a book in a few years, it would be an accomplishment for me. So if you have recommendations, feel free to leave a comment. 🙂
- Cover more music: I like singing and attempting to learn new songs to play on the guitar. I don’t care how amateur I may sound. Last year, one of my resolutions was to do 1 video per month. I did pretty well in the beginning so maybe I’ll do even better this year!
- Hang out and make an effort with friends: This always seem to hard for me. I’m very content with having alone time. In fact, I prefer it most of the time. Don’t get me wrong! I love going out once in a while and I love that feeling when you get together with friends after a while but everything is as if there was no time apart, you know? I usually wait for people to reach out to me and I seldom will initiate the plans. Maybe I’m just scared of rejection. Ahem, okay bye.
- Save money & budget better: I feel like this is probably a mutual goal. Am I right? lol. My paycheck goes to bills and loans and I rarely have the extra cash to purchase things that I want. One of these days, I want my vacation to be an actual vacation and not a staycation.
- Be positive: I’m not particularly a negative person. I mean, most of the time you’ll see me with a smile on my face. But I just want to remind myself to not let other people’s negativity affect me.
I’m pretty excited to accomplish these goals. I didn’t start off the year with that mindset because so much had been on my mind, but I’m slowly finding the motivation I need. And actually, this was the first year I made an inspiration/goal board, so I’m always going to be reminded of what I want to accomplish this year. With that being said, I hope you all find your motivation to reach your goals this year!!!